Meals and Recipes
Pan Roasted Airline Chicken with Asparagus Milanese
|Extra-virgin olive oil||4||tbsp|
|Tarragon & thyme (finely chopped||2||tbsp|
|3-4 pound chicken (cut into 8 pieces||1|
|Yukon gold potatoes (1/4″ slices)||1||pound|
|Asparagus (woody ends removed)||1||bunch|
|Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper||to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Melt the butter. Add the tarragon and 2 teaspoons of salt. Stir to combine. Brush the herb-butter all over the chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large oven proof saute pan over medium-high heat
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken in the pan, skin-side-down until brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and allow to brown on the other side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the potatoes to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Place the browned chicken on top of the potatoes. Place the pan in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 160*F.
- Meanwhile, drizzle asparagus with olive oil. Place on the preheated grill and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally until lightly charred. Remove to a platter.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and gently fry the eggs until just set, about 2-4 minutes. Season yolks with salt and coarsely ground black pepper. Grate the lemon zest and squeeze the juice over the asparagus. Drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil.
Chicken in Basil Cream over Pasta Pomodoro
|Dried bread crumbs||1/4||cup|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||4|
|Heavy whipping cream||1||cup|
|Jar of sliced pimento peppers, drained||1||4 ounce|
|Parmesan cheese (grated)||1/2||cup|
|Chopped fresh basil||1/4||cup|
|Ground black pepper||1/8||tsp|
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate, shallow, bowls. In skillet, heat butter or margarine to medium heat. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs (double dip both for a crispier crust). Cook in butter or margarine, on both sides, until juices run clear (about 10 minutes). Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to skillet, bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream and pimentos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Stir sauce and cook until heated thoroughly. Pour mixture over chicken and serve.
Greek Pork Chops with Squash and Potatoes
|Frenched pork loin chops (1″ thick)||4|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/2||cup|
|Garlic cloves (minced)||3|
|Chopped fresh oregano||3||tbsp|
|Kosher salt (divided into 2 half teaspoons)||1||tsp|
|Medium yellow squash (sliced 1/2″ thick)||2|
|Large zucchini (sliced 1/2″ thick)||1|
|Small red potatoes, quartered||1/2||lb|
- Place pork chops in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt; reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Pour remaining marinade over pork, turning to coat. Chill 1-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Combine squash, zucchini, potatoes, and reserved marinade. Spread squash mixture in an even layer on a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined rimmed sheet pan.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat dry with paper towels, and place on top of squash mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes. Increase temperature to broil, and broil until a meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest portion, registers 140*F, about 5 minutes. Transfer pork to a serving platter, and cover with foil. Return pan to oven, and broil squash mixture until slightly charred, 3-4 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a serving bowl, toss with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and serve with pork.
Garlic Chicken with Orzo Noodles
|Uncooked orzo pasta||1||cup|
|Cloves of garlic||2|
|Crushed red pepper||1/4||tsp|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into bite size pieces||2|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1||tbsp|
|Parmesan cheese for topping||as desired|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta, cook for 8-10 minutes, until al-dente, and drain.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2″ cubes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and red pepper 1 minute, until garlic is golden brown. Stir in chicken, season with salt, and cook 2-5 minutes, until lightly browned and juices run clear. Reduce heat to medium, and mix in parsley and cooked orzo.
- Place spinach in the skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.